Welcome to the Summer Language Partnership

This year's program is set to begin Thursday, July 24 at 9am! We will be meeting in the media center of County Line Elementary school. We will be using this blog site to communicate outside of the classroom, maintain access to information, and keep a record of learning experiences throughout the week.

Agenda/Schedule

9-12pm Summer Language Partnership w/ Students
12 - 12:15 Break and "housekeeping"
12 - 1pm Working lunch and group reflection
post group reflection to the blog
1 - 2pm Daily professional reading discussion/activity
2 -3 pm Planning and Preparation for tomorrow

Don't forget to post your personal daily reflection to the blog!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Reflections on Planning Day 2

5 comments:

steve said...

It was interesting to get started planning the camp and imagining how we might use invitations in the program. I am grateful for the opportunity to practice this methodology, which I believe holds great promise, in a non-threatening and cooperative way with a great group of educators. It would be so much more difficult and risky to try something like this by myself in my own classroom and without the peer support.

RichardG said...

I was pleased that both groups seemed to successfully take the information we discussed on Thursday and develop well fleshed-out, age appropriate invitations, seemingly on the first try. I look forward to seeing what happens on Monday when the students are confronted with the invitations -- which ones they choose to explore, and the direction in which that leads them. From what I understand about the kids participating, it should be a lot of fun.

lml said...

The tuning protocol that our whole group used today worked well in helping me consider ways to improve our plans! I am really looking forward to Monday because I think that these students are going to enjoy and learn a lot at the camp. I am also looking forward to meeting the children on Monday and to having the opportunity to learn more about each of them personally because I think this will inform the direction our group takes with the invitations.

Jennifer said...

I think we are all off to a good start. I found the tuning protocol very beneficial. My group found many of the comments/ suggestions helpful and incorporated them into our plans for Moday.

I'm excited to see what happens on Monday!

Sandra Decastro said...

Yes, indeed, I am also looking forward to introducing the invitation to students. I have gathered plenty of books from the Athens Library in hopes that some of the titles will help them choose which game to inquire, if they choose my invitation.